Red Dirt Rocker

Red Dirt Rocker
Y/A novel by Jody French--Inspired by the adventures of musician- Forrest French

Friday, July 6, 2012

Everybody Wang Chung Tonight

Forrest picked up his last high school yearbook yesterday.  It's so incredible.  The cover says, "Something To Remember," with a gorgeous black and white etched tree design.  The lay out is amazing.  Their journalism department must have had some very talented students putting it together this past year.

I was going through it, and of course, had a mama moment.  Just flipping through the pages and seeing picures of all of his friends---kids that I've known since they were in pre-school all grown up and smiling back at me, or dressed up in silly, spirit day etc., outfits made tears  roll down my cheeks.  I was scrolling down the kids beautiful senior pictures, reading their deep thoughts that they were able to leave behind in print beside their portraits.  Most had misty eyed sayings such as, "I'm going to miss my friends that I've known forever," and some girls had written little digs that were obviously aimed at a "frien-amy" as in, "I won't miss the drama," or "my pet peeve is immature, fake people," etc.  There was also a place for some of them to leave their favorite quote behind for prosterity's sake, and also where they thought they would be in 10 years.

Leave it to Forrest to put a big smile on my face during my boo-hoo fest.  Beside Forrest's good-lookin', modelesque senior picture was written...

Favorite Quote:  "Everybody Wang Chung Tonight."
Where will you be in 10 years?  Living in a van, down by the river.
What you will be most remembered for.  Not afraid to be goofy!

If you didn't get the "living in a van down by the river," reference we probably don't hang out much---SNL/Chris Farley reference :)  Forrest was the first one to break out his Joe Dirt mullet wig on any occasion possible, dress like the biggest dork on nerd day, and even got talked into dressing like Tinker Bell on Halloween by one of his friends that dressed like Peter Pan's side kick the year before (she was a female btw.)

That kid.  Makes me cry...makes me laugh...I'll give him a "10."

He also got the honor of "Most Talented," and "Most Likely to Become Famous."

Good stuff.

Enjoy each and every moment with your children while you can.  Diapering those little hineys, wading through the messes they make, attenting their activities in school, football games, basketball games, band concerts, etc.  Enjoy it all.  They grow up so fast! I know mine have.  I have such great memories with my precious daughters and "goofy" son. Can't wait to make many more!


No comments:

Post a Comment