Red Dirt Rocker

Red Dirt Rocker
Y/A novel by Jody French--Inspired by the adventures of musician- Forrest French

Thursday, June 28, 2012

KMOD--THE RAINBOW STATION

I've never been a coffee drinker.  I drink it on occasion, but would rather have an ice cold Red Bull than a hot drink in the morning, unless it's a cold day.  My cup of joe is to roll over, put my reading glasses on, pull my lap top over to my pillow and click on my emails and facebook to see how the world is turning.

I got a pleasant surprise this morning as I, with bleary eyes, clicked on my f/b page to see that a freind of mine had notified me that our largest radio station in the Tulsa area, KMOD had posted a pic of the cover of my book Red Dirt Rocker on their f/b page!  I had sent two copies to our two favorite morning DJ.s, Phil and Brent. They have a brash, very witty sense of humor that's laced with an incredible self -mocking country seasoning.  They were also the very first ones to ever play a song byForrest and his band on a radio station.  I do believe Forrest was just 13 at the time.  They are great guys.

I just had my 30 year class reunion two weeks ago, and had broken my old memory book out.  As Forrest and I flipped through the pages he noticed that I had a KMOD card taped to one of the pages with the caption, "my favorite radio station!" below it.  It gave me cool points with my son...thirty years later and they still rock...they're still my favorite radio station to this day!

KMOD and good old Phil and Brent are mentioned in Red Dirt Rocker.  They're the best!  If you get a chance, tune them in.  They stream on the world wide web, so even if you're a soldier in Afghanistan, you can dial them in on the internet if your fortunate enough to have the availablility.

Like I always say...turn on some good music and make stuff happen!! And thanks again KMOD!

J

1 comment:

  1. I was on the air in OKC back in the 80's and was dating a lady who was our copy writer and she knew one of the jocks at KMOD who always ended his show with " Beam me up Scotty" We traveled to Tulsa just to listen to KMOD and maybe get a tour. The tour never happened but I got a kick out of hearing him do his sign off. Who was he?

    ReplyDelete