Red Dirt Rocker

Red Dirt Rocker
Y/A novel by Jody French--Inspired by the adventures of musician- Forrest French

Thursday, April 19, 2012

All That And A Bag Of Chips!

I sub-ed at the elementary school yesterday (third grade.)  The kids were doing their vocabulary over the book, Charlottes Webb.  The little munchkins kept asking me what the meanings to the words were.  Several young students asked me what the word boast meant.  I let them know it was when someone brags.

The cutest little freckled face girl came up  to have me check her vocabulary paper before she turned it in.  With the most innocent and straight face she handed me her torn out notebook page that had the word "boast" scribbled on it as number 3 on her list.  Here is how she defined the word---

3.  Boast---When someone thinks theyre all that and a bag of chips.

Right on girlfriend!

No comments:

Post a Comment